VA Vocational Rehabilitation Employment Overview: Enrollment, Links, Application
Attention Veteran Owned Business Members Looking To Hire Fellow Veterans:
VA has benefits and services for Veterans who are unemployed, looking for work, or in need of training or education to qualify for a suitable job.
Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits for Unemployed Veterans
Veterans with a service-connected disability who previously completed a VA vocational rehabilitation program and have exhausted their initial claim for unemployment benefits may qualify for another 12 months of VA vocational rehabilitation benefits.
- You must have previously completed a VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment program and been considered “rehabilitated.”
- You must apply within six months of using up your initial claim for unemployment benefits. You can still collect extended or emergency unemployment if you qualify for those benefits.
- You can apply now, but cannot start education or training until June 1, 2012.
- You must apply to VA by March 31, 2014.
There are several ways to apply or get more information about whether you qualify:
- Call VA at 1-800-827-1000 and ask to speak with Vocational Rehabilitation
- Visit www.va.gov and fill out an online application (VONAPP) for Vocational Rehabilitation
- Apply by completing VA Form 28-1900, Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation, and submitting it to the nearest VA Regional Office
This is a Veteran Hire Veterans Focused Employment Public Service Announcement (PSA) brought to you by Veteran Owned Business. Veteran Owned Business is in no way affiliated with the above organization(s). We do not in any way endorse the above business/organization or guarantee the above offer. VeteranOwnedBusiness.com and the Veteran Owned Business Directory are simply providing information we feel is of interest to veterans, active duty military, reservists, service disabled veterans, veteran owned businesses, service disabled veteran owned businesses, families of veterans, families of our armed forces and any other person or persons directly or indirectly involved with the United States military.
If your business is (or you know of another business) owned by a veteran (VOB), active duty military, reservist or service disabled veteran (SDVOSB) of the United States, Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard or National Guard, please be sure to visit the VeteranOwnedBusiness.com sign up page to get your free listing.
The objective of our FREE Veteran Owned Business Directory is to continue to offer a growing list of products and services that are unique in the fact that they are all owned by, sold by and/or serviced by past and present military members.